Tell us something most people probably don’t know about you.
I know, it’s a weak start to the writing prompt thing but sometimes you need to start small and warm up to it. Like I said before, I despise being told what to do, especially with something like writing, but it gets me out of my comfort zone – which means growth.
In true rebel fashion, I’ll make a list instead of just writing about one thing.
- When Harry Potter books came out, my mom and I would attend the midnight releases. Sometimes friends of mine would join also, and I can’t speak for them when I say I would stay up until about 7 a.m. reading them. Time stood still for me when I read the books, and I treasure them to this day! (the books, not my friends. I’M KIDDING.)
- I have never seen Game of Thrones. So why mention it? Because it seems to be the thing to do these days.
- I am infatuated with Amelia Earhart.
- Friday 13th, November, 1998. I turned 13. DUN DUN DUNNNNN.
- My favorite location in the world is Lund, Sweden. Aside from the new house, obviously.
- I won a small scholarship to a local community college. Literally. It was a no-purchase raffle, and I got $500. Hilarious.
- My husband mentioned that most people won’t know I am half Peruvian, or an Air Force veteran. I would hope that most know the latter, but most people truly ARE amazed at the Peruvian part. I typically get ‘BUT YOU’RE SO WHITE’ or ‘OH GOD, YOU DON’T LOOK HISPANIC AT ALL’ Look bitch, hispanics can 1) be pale 2) still kick your ass. Also, just because I was Air Force, doesn’t mean I know your neighbor’s son’s hairdresser who served for three years. It’s a small Air Force, but not that small.
- When I was a kid/tween I HATED softball because of the pants. I thoroughly enjoyed playing, but absolutely despised the feeling of the hot/wool/polyester/death by scratchiness. Bleh. I can feel them now, and just, ugh.
- You know those runners that will run laps in the parking lot to get EXACT distance? Yeaaaah, that’s me.
- I once bought a Jeep Wrangler, and had my supervisor accompany me… little did she know, she was going to teach me how to drive a stick shift in said Jeep on the way home.
- Recently, and very briefly, I thought about going back to school. My interests ranged from Marine Biology to a dual degree of Journalism/Nutrition. So yeah, that was a hard pass. Maybe one day I’ll grow up and GETTUR DONE.
- Also, I decided to leave this post imagine/GIF-less, because that would be the LAST thing you would expect of me.