So I had a guest blogger all lined up but it fell through. I’ll give you a hint – they live in this house. SO yeah, look forward to that tomorrow, I hear there’s some pretty good material being thrown around.
Anyway, at random times throughout the day I’ll have this sudden urge to go through a random box and try to unpack it [yes I know we’ve been here a year… almost]. The problem is that I get distracted by what is actually IN the box, and I’ll start leafing through it and reminiscing. Before I know it I’ve burned 2 hours during Kara’s naptime [typically the most productive time of the day] doing something completely useless AND I didn’t actually unpack anything. Lose-lose.
I found this piece of paper yesterday, and it made me laugh for various reasons…
I would like to take a moment to highlight my genius. 1) I scribbled out “life” goals and changed it to “for the next 5 years” 2) I didn’t date it; ergo, to me, this has no expiration date. Ha! I also can’t remember the last time my handwriting looked like that… so its definitely been awhile. So let’s analyze shall we?
– Run marathon :: Well. We all know how this has gone.
– Run half marathon :: Yay! Completed, 18 September 2010, USAF Half Marathon
– Run 5k :: Also completed, against my will, at Basic Training. But I loved it. We placed first as a flight, but I can’t remember our time. I’m going to pretend it was sub-20. Just because.
– Run 10k :: Ugh. Also completed. I say ‘Ugh’ because I hate 10k’s. My very first 10k I thought I was going to witness my then boyfriend [now husband] dropping dead right in front of me from a heat stroke. Very scary.
– 4 year degree :: Geez, I gave myself 5 years to do this and still didn’t get around to it.
– Move out :: YAY!
– Halfway decent relationship :: Wow. I sure set the standard pretty high huh? This was obviously before I met my husband, and we’re going on 3 years married in March.
– Get my doberman :: No doberman; I’m not so sure what my angle was with that one. I believe my idiot Mastiff is a loveable upgrade though.
– Go to Peru, India, Morrocco :: I clearly also had an unlimited bank account to be doing all this crap within 5 years. I haven’t been to Peru since ‘96 (sad…) and haven’t even thought about the other two. *sigh*
– Roadtrips, travel more :: Done, and done. Thank yeeeeew, Army.
– Make Kenny, Mom & Dad proud on a daily basis :: Yikes. Not touching that one. My mom says I do, but she’s my mom and supposed to say that…
– Do one small thing for someone else everyday :: I would like to think that when given the opportunity I do things for others, even if its something small. I can’t promise I do it everyday, since I confine myself to the house like a leper.
– Go to church every Sunday :: … you got me. We really do need to go more often. We have gone once this year. Sad, I know. My ‘parenting fail’ moment in regards to religion came to me the other day when Kara was playing with her Noah’s Ark set and she called Noah, “Santa”. Yeah.
– Volunteer once a month :: Can being a stay at home mom count as volunteering? In all seriousness, I would like to start volunteering at races.
– Learn a different language :: In two short years I taught myself how to speak Infababble and Toddlernese.
– Become an amazing cook :: This one is up for debate. Not really. I suck in the kitchen, but I have a lot of cookbooks and that makes me look like I know what I’m doing.
– Motorcycle license :: I will do no such thing.
There you have it!!!!
Do you ever look back and laugh at what you ‘wanted’ to do?
Would you rather volunteer at an animal shelter or a soup kitchen?
Motorcycles – fun, or death traps?