I have seen this on numerous blogs, and it apparently has finally trickled down to the bottom of the barrel!! Kristen at Run for Wine tagged me, and asks some pressure cooker kind of questions. Without further ado…
I am supposed to post 11 random things about me, answer the questions on Kristen’s blog, then come up with 11 new questions for the 11 bloggers I’m tagging. Well… I’m going to leave out the latter, because everyone I know has already been tagged with this. Plus, I really suck at making up questions, so you would have nothing to answer except “What is your favorite color?” or “When is your birthday?”. I bet I was a horrible first date.
11 Random Things About Me
1 :: I love making lists. To-do lists for the present, immediate future, not-so-distant future, etc.
2 :: Touch my feet and die.
3 :: Spanish is the only other language I know, but I would love to learn another. I just can’t decide which one.
4 :: If you give me a tomato I will throw it at you. They. Are. Vile.
5 :: Nine times out of ten, I am winging it. I might look confident, but that’s just good technique.
6 :: I can’t have a full training schedule staring back at me. I have to go a week at a time, because if I see something laid out in front of me for weeks/months at a time, I tend to get a little overwhelmed.
7 :: Alternatively, I thrive during high stress situations. I zone in, focus, and have a calm clarity that washes over me. Its weird. I am confident in saying that I would have made an excellent EMT.
8 :: I do not drink cow milk. Call me a freak, but I honestly cannot stomach the taste or the smell of it.
9 :: My husband wants me to pull random facts from my list of 100, and just leave 89 on the original page. I secretly think he’s trying to get out of helping me come up with two more facts.
10 :: I overthink things way too much.
11 :: I had to take Stats twice in college. Math and I don’t necessarily get along…
Kristen’s Questions to Me
1. What is your biggest pet peeve? Oy. I have so many. When sounds overlap [i.e., someone is playing a radio, and the tv is on at the same time]. People that chew with their mouths open. Those who do not care about punctuality. And, carpet. I hate carpet.
2. If stranded on a desert island what 3 personal items (not including survival tools) would you want? a picture of my family, an umbrella, and my shotgun shell that came from the 21 gun salute at my brother’s funeral.
3. What’s the one food you could never give up? ice cream. So cliché, but I just couldn’t do that.
4. What’s your best quality? My husband says ‘he has never thought about that’… so I either don’t have one, or he’s REALLY trying to get out of this. I would like to say that I try to find the humor in horrible situations.
5. What was the last thing you really laughed over? I literally peed my pants laughing when the tree limb almost came through the house. At first it was an “OH my gosh did that JUST happen??!” laugh, then it was a “disbelief” laugh, then I just couldn’t stop laughing at the entire situation. Me, in pajamas, out in the snow, barefoot; laughing like a crazy lady. Yeah. My neighbors must love me.
6. What is your go-to book recommendation? The Glass Castle.
7. What’s your ideal time of day to workout? Morning. I like to get it out of the way and start the day with a good run.
8. What’s the last food you ate? They had cookies at the Wear Blue Chapter meeting. I couldn’t help myself.
9. Who is your favorite athlete (dead or alive)? OOOOH. I loved Mia Hamm and Michelle Akers when I was a kid/teen. I really like David Robinson though, as well as John Stockton. Not so much a fan of the newer generation of athletes… Man. This one is tough to answer…
10. What’s the last movie you watched and would you recommend it? Puss in Boots. Yes, it was a very cute movie.
11. Toilet paper over or under? OVER. Anything else is just communism at its best.
Ok I thought of some decent questions, and you can just answer these in the comments…
1. If you could get away with it, what is one medical appointment you would NEVER go to again?? dentist. I hate it.
2. What was the name of your childhood stuffed animal? Perdita, the dalmation. My daughter plays with her now.
3. Are you more inclined to be the Cop or the Robber? Cop.
4. Do you have a green thumb? Not unless I paint it green.
5. If you could do ONE thing – money/logistics/everything else aside, what would it be? Treat my parents to an ultra snazzy vacation, wherever they would want. Amazing spas, fancy dinners, exquisite entertainment, the works.