– Remembering my own mental notes. I totally forgot to wish Janae a very happy birthday yesterday. Granted, she’s probably still sleeping from a sugar induced coma-ish state, or still running on the treadmill her husband got her. But still, I hope it was amazing.
– Being patient. Seriously. If I want something, I should’ve had it yesterday. If something is wrong, it shouldn’t have even had the chance to GO wrong.
– Controlling myself, when excited. I literally get butterflies, and immediate ‘sense’ of nervousness, that kind of feels like I’m about to toss cookies. I remember in high school, during my first basketball SCRIMMAGE, I about passed out from nerves. I find something new and exciting; I won’t shut up about it. This could be anywhere from finding a new beverage I love, to finding out Husband’s next Army assignment. BUZZ with excitement, 24/7 for a good 3 days.
– Tolerating strangers. I’ll be honest. I am wary of people. I have seen too many Forensic Files to know that an encounter with a stranger could lead to my kidnapping.
– Correctly closing the bread package. According to my husband, there is a right way to do this. It involves the twisty tie, and I can safely say that before living with him, I had never used one. Now, I’ll leave it off on purpose, just to bug him 😀
– Keeping plant life… alive. Given the chance, I’m sure I could kill a cactus. Maybe having a garden just isn’t in the cards for me 😦
– Finishing a hot cup of coffee. I always, for one reason or another, let it get cold. I don’t know why.
– Baking. This is a double edged sword. I don’t like measuring everything out perfectly, I don’t like the wait time that comes with baking, and I especially do not like the fact that I’m left with 11 other cupcakes when I just wanted the one. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE sweets. This is why I’ll usually leave the baking for whenever we are expecting company.
– Handling competition. I SAY I’m not competitive. But secretly, it festers and boils. This is both towards other people, and individual. I will mentally pick people off during races, and really just want to smash my PR every time I’m out there.
Anyway, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I’m finally making more of the Butterscotch Pecan Squares, and I’ll be posting that recipe later tonight… or tomorrow… orrrr… eventually. 🙂