Staff Duty Ramblings, Again!
workout :: tbd. sometimes just winging it is the best option.
I forget which number this is. One day I’ll go through them all and find out. Anyway, here’s my usual daily nonsense in the day of single parenting. Husband has his 24 hour shift, so we’re flying solo. This also means no running [*SIGH*] but I can finagle workouts here at home, so not all hope is lost.
Without further ado.
- By 10 am I had four loads of laundry washed/folded/put away. While our Army/runner/potty training toddler/newborn household demands laundry be done daily, I don’t always get a chance to fold it and put it away. Luckily I tackled the loads before they had a chance to band together and smother me.
- We did nails.
- I started a list of daily cleaning routines I want to do. I find that on any given day I will wake up and decide the house is beyond recognition of humane living conditions and I’ll immediately get into a pissy mood and clean everything in sight. This means a less than ideal day for everyone involved, and my husband usually gets roped into deep cleaning something when he’d rather be watching golf. So, instead I’m going to try and figure out a way to do a separate room every day so that it doesn’t pile up on me/us.
- confession :: I have yet to send out Thank You cards for gifts received for my child’s birth EIGHT weeks ago. I really, really, really, really suck at getting those out on time.
- TMI/proud mom moment :: K has used the potty two days in a row without an accident. She’ll even go to the potty to ‘toot’, which I think is pretty hilarious. I’m still hesitant to take the plunge and remove the diaper for both nap/night time, but we’re getting there.
- Ate lunch.
- While K was napping I opted to have a little photo shoot with Spud, then I sat down to clean out my computer and years-old photos that didn’t belong. I wanted to work out, but this has been bugging me for weeks and my lunch was sitting heavy [this happens a lot. the lunch bit]. I figured I could always work out later – pop in a DVD for K and go from there. Treats all around.
- One particular child of mine did not enjoy his play mat today.
- The thermostat reached the 80s, which meant the house was a solid 76 the whole day. Not very many clothes were on.
- When its summer/hot, I tend to lost my appetite. Usually I wouldn’t pay this any mind, but I’m breastfeeding and this means I’m starving nearly 24/7. I don’t want to cook, so instead I made another huge salad. I’ll spare you the picture because once you’ve seen one of my salads, you’ve seen them all: greens, mushrooms, slivered almonds, hard boiled egg, raisin, etc.
Do you lose your appetite in the heat?
What’s your fail safe activity when “single parenting”?